Monday, January 21, 2008

Still struggling along....geesh the meds are a downer!

I promised to keep everyone current on the Keppra medication so here ya go! I am dragging myself along day to day fighting to keep awake and on my feet. I get so groggy that it is tough to make it through my mealtimes right now and lately the physical therapists in making notes regarding my not being myself and doing things I once did with ease. So my family is not the only one seeing the changes as of late.

This seizure gig is not fun and I just want to get back to being me again. I hope it happens soon as grandma is really anxious to have me back to running her ragged, laughing and giggling all the time. I might tire her at times but I just found out she really likes all the things I try to get into and all the new milestones I was achieving before this seizure stuff began. She is simply not happy seeing me like this. And we all know that old saying: "If grandma isn't happy then....." (Just kidding grandma, I know you are worried).

Daddy keeps reassuring her to hang in there but lately she is very emotional and hurting inside from my inability to display my usual enthusiasm and joy. Hang on grandma.....I will find my way back soon. I promise. xoxo

2 comments:

Emma said...

From one Emma to another...I hope you are back to your old self again. Loved seeing the video of you and your grandma...aren't grandparents great! Tell Tori congratulations on tieing her shoes and reading the books. Take care! Love Emma Kristine

Zachary Rouleau said...

Hey Miss Emma!

Tell your grand ma that meds are taking time to be set in the blood. I know what I'm talking about! Im taking 3 kind of meds. Lamictal, Nitrazepam and Depakene..Mom had a hard time in the beggining. But now, i'm okay and sleep so well with the Nitrazepam!

Tell grandma that we need time to be okay!!

Love and hugs,

Zac from Canada!